It is time to introduce you all to our saluki sensation Xena!
Xena is insanely adorable. She is a beautiful smooth saluki girl who wins fans wherever she goes and her foster mum and dad are just a tinsy bit in love with her. As is her foster fur-brother Snoopy who has helped foster many of our hounds.
Xena is a bit of an odd saluki in that she is highly trainable and loves training! And whilst she is a bit reactive to other dogs when on lead she has made some astonishing progress thanks to her foster mum and is easily distracted and able to focus on some tasty treats.
She can have the tendency to resource guard – but again is receiving lots of positive training with this which is working wonders.
She really is a very affectionate girl and enjoys a fuss.
She recently supported us at our fun show and along with all our other happily homed hounds was impeccable and coped so well. Very proud moment for her foster mum and us.
So Xena has compiled a little wish list for her furever home….
1. I’d like to live with another hound, and I prefer males.
2. A calm home would be good with no children.
3. I’d love cats but my foster mum says for the wrong reasons! So sorry but mum knows best. No cats for me. 😁
4. I really want someone who will enjoy training! It’s one of my favourite things in the whole wide world! And I’m really good at it too so promise not to show you up. Us salukis get a bad name where training is concerned… and it’s nothing to do with me! I can do sit, down, come, wait, stay, heel and I’ve got a PB with a 1 minute down stay in a circle of 11 other dogs! 😮
5. Someone who will give me some belly rubs!
6. Someone who won’t disturb me when I’m asleep. It really startles me but then I think that’s pretty normal right?
So it’s not an exhaustive wish list is it? Especially for a saluki!
Rest assured Xena is one very talented girl. She is spayed, fully vaccinated, microchipped, totally clean in the house and quiet.
If you’d like to snap this girl up, then just go to our website www.lurchersos.org.uk and fill in an adoption application form.
Xena looks forward to hearing from you! 😁😁😁💖💖💖💖💖💖
Can be an only dog
In foster in Kent